Home Get Involved Wish List
Our Wish List
As a nonprofit organization, our animals are in need of specific items for their care, enrichment, and enjoyment. The items below are always needed at the Atlanta Humane Society and can be dropped off at our Alpharetta or West Midtown locations during our open hours.
We always accept used crates, collars, leashes, and other dog or cat supplies, but please note that we cannot accept pillows, opened dog or cat food, or carpet samples. Due to safety issues, we do not accept Greenies or rawhide in any form. Dogs can break off large sections during chewing and become at risk of choking or becoming obstructed. We do not use, sell, or recommend these products.
We have Amazon Wish Lists that will ship the items directly to us. We keep our most in-need items at any time on our wish lists so you know how to best support the animals.
- Home Depot
When you purchase a Kuranda bed through one of the links below, they are offered at a special discount, come with a 1-year warranty, and are sent directly to the Atlanta Humane Society in your name.
- Laundry detergent
- House-training or puppy pads
- Paper towels
- Trash bags (45-gallon or larger)
- Boomboxes or sound machines so that we can play music for our animals
- “Through a Dog’s Ears” or “Through a Cat’s Ears” CDs
- Fleece blankets
- Frozen treat supplies: peanut butter, chicken broth, canned pumpkin, and Dixie cups
- Litter scoops
- Small litter boxes
- Feliway for cats
Why don’t you ask for food to feed your animals awaiting adoption? We are a Purina shelter, so Purina graciously provides all of our animals awaiting homes with Purina ONE food at no cost to us. They also provide one bag of food for every adoption!
- Kong Toys: The original KONG© “beehive” shape, in red (“Classic”) or black (“Extreme”), in sizes XL or XXL only, and Wobble Kongs for fun at dinnertime
- Outward Hound fun feeders
- PetSafe Busy Buddy toys
- Tuffy brand toys of any type
- Plastic toys for cats, including ping pong balls, practice golf balls, plastic Easter eggs, and Kong cat toys
- Small scratching posts that can comfortably fit inside our cat condos
- Cat toys, like crinkle balls, mouse toys, and wand toys
If you’d like to donate something that’s not on these lists, we kindly ask that you reach out to us at [email protected] before bringing the item in.
You can request a donation receipt for your in-kind donation here.