Our Strategic Plan, FY24-26
Changing Needs New Solutions
At the Atlanta Humane Society, we have been fortunate to have a supportive community and a visionary board. Over the past seven years we have tackled significant challenges facing homeless animals across Georgia, supported our most vulnerable pet owners during the pandemic, and grown our support of other animal welfare organizations. As I look back on my decision to join the organization in 2014, I could not be more grateful for the opportunity to create local and statewide impact for animals.
As the efforts of adoption, spay and neuter, and transport have helped our organization and the animal welfare community, we are faced with an exciting and challenging question:
How do we continue to reduce overpopulation and serve the newly exposed and more complex problems of under-resourced pets and their caregivers, a lack of accessible and affordable veterinary care, and slowly moving systems of change within the animal welfare field?
As we move forward as leaders, we are committed to evolving the way we serve our community, here in Atlanta and across the Southeast. At the beginning and end of each day, we are driven to make a difference in the lives of animals and the people who love them. We will build on our long history of attentive and compassionate service to ensure that more pets can get access to the resources they need. Our goal is clear and deeply motivated by our desire to keep pets in their loving homes. We seek to improve the lives and wellbeing of pets and people collectively, and perhaps most importantly, one life, one need, one animal at a time.
With nearly 150 years of experience to draw from as an organization, this board-directed and staff-created strategic plan is our roadmap to making this difference. Its visionary nature and bold direction present opportunities for all of us as we come together in this effort. I encourage you, as a partner in this work, to celebrate our past successes while rolling up your sleeves to be part of this exciting future for pets and people.
President and CEO
Hear more from Cal on The Leadership Foundry Podcast.
We’ve made great strides.
Unique Animals Impacted
Animal Care Points
Build a strategic and integrated network of organizations with one important focus: Improve the lives and well-being of pets and their people.
Use the most effective business model(s) for each core area of impact to create sustainable, meaningful change for
animals and people across the Southeast and beyond:
- Community Resources and Sheltering
- Accessible Veterinary Care
- Strategic Advancement of Animal Wellbeing
- Provide comprehensive and compassionate care to the animals in our facilities, promote meaningful relationships between people and pets through adoptions and innovative placement programs, and keep more pets in homes.
- Make veterinary care accessible and affordable by expanding a multifaceted, scalable, non-profit practice model.
- Improve the health and well-being of animals across the Southeast through leadership, direct services,
- Maintain financial health and increase funding opportunities with both individual donors and institutions while building governance models across the organization.