Pet Food Referral Agency Program
What is the Pet Food Referral Agency program?
As our primary outlet for distributing pet food donations to the local community, the Pet Food Referral Agency program is intended for human service agencies in Metro-Atlanta. Organizations that apply are eligible to receive donated pet food and care items at no cost to supplement their programs.
Our aim is to streamline access to resources for folks in our community struggling to feed their families and increase familiarity with pet resources available to help.
If your organization is interested in participating or just wants to learn more, please fill out the application.
This program is open to food pantries, community groups, or other social support efforts in the following counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding, Rockdale. Some examples of current participating agencies include senior food delivery programs, brick-and-mortar food pantries, and community-led events and fridges.
Please note: as a donation-based program, inventory of donated pet food and supplies is limited and subject to change. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee all Pet Food Referral Agency program participants will receive donations regularly.
Who can participate?
Any reputable human service organization in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding, or Rockdale counties. We define reputable as:
- In good standing with applicable state regulatory agencies.
- No conviction or current charges of animal-related offenses.
- Demonstrates respectful interactions and uses civil language with other organizations.
What can I expect after I apply?
We will set up a phone call to get to know your agency and answer any questions. Once approved, agencies will sign a Pet Food Referral Agency agreement and Supply Share agreement. Further details on pet food availability will be communicated regularly after onboarding.
We will discuss your agency’s need for pet food and our current donated inventory during our phone call. Generally, there are three opportunities for receiving pet food:
- As available: Most agencies will be onboarded at this level initially. We will notify agencies when pet food is available for pick-up from our Norcross warehouse location on a case-by-case basis.
- By request: All participating agencies are welcome to make specific requests for pet food (often for events). For example, a community group may be hosting a summer event and want to provide pet food at this event. Requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the event and cannot always be accommodated. We will communicate directly with the requesting agency to alert you if we can or cannot fulfill your request for pet food.
- Monthly: A limited number of agencies can receive a set amount of pet food monthly. Our ability to provide for agencies monthly relies on our donations. We are striving to secure more donations to make this option available to more agencies, but currently have limited capacity.