The GOODS Program
The Atlanta Humane Society serves as an ambassador for Greater Good Charities’ GOODS program. Thanks to this partnership, we can bring more low-cost pet food and supplies to organizations in need across Georgia and the southeast.
Pet food and supplies are donated from gracious donors and shipped to our warehouse to be distributed to qualified GOODS program recipients for a minimal handling fee.
Eligible Organization Types
Animal Welfare – view eligibility criteria here
- Pet food pantries and food banks with an animal support component
- 501(c)3 animal rescue organizations, e.g., cat, dog, equine, and wildlife shelters, rescues, and sanctuaries
- State, county, or local animal welfare facilities operated by a government entity
- Law enforcement agencies (e.g., animal control)
Human Services – view eligibility criteria here
- Housing (including emergency, transitional, and permanent)
- Community resource and outreach (including homeless services)
- Domestic violence shelters and resources
- Women and children
- Human feeding (including food banks and pantries)
- Education or literacy
- Federal government agencies, including VA and FEMA
- State and local community programs and offices
- Law enforcement agencies
Become a GOODS Recipient
Organizations interested in becoming a GOODS recipient must complete an application.
- Human Service Organizations: submit the application on the Pet Food Referral Agency program page
- Animal Welfare Organizations: submit the application on the Supply Share program page
By completing an application, organizations agree to comply with GOODS program requirements, including:
- Signing the GOODS Recipient Agreement and General Waiver and Release
- Providing an updated animal census as requested to assist with donation allocation
- Paying $0.15/pound handling charges for donations
- Picking up donations from our Norcross, Ga., warehouse
- Submitting stories about the donations received
Qualified organizations may be eligible to have GOODS program handling fees subsidized by the Atlanta Humane Society. For example, if your organization receives 500 pounds of pet food via GOODS, the regular $75 handling fee will be waived. In addition to the criteria required of all GOODS program recipients, the Atlanta Humane Society is currently only subsidizing fees for a limited number of organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Organizations operating within the following Metro Atlanta counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding, and Rockdale
And must be one of the following types of organizations:
- Human welfare organizations looking to include or increase free pet food offerings as part of their services to the community.
- Animal welfare organizations operating a public pet food pantry or program with broad client access and needs-screening criteria. Please note: Any subsidized GOODS pet food is meant exclusively for community pet use, not for adoptable animals.
We will determine if your organization qualifies for subsidized handling fees as part of the standard application process. Please complete the corresponding application above.
What happens after I apply?
Community Outreach staff will review your application, call you to complete a phone review, call your listed references, and conduct a site visit as needed. Further information about GOODS donation availability will be communicated after onboarding.