Food and Water
Need to find the right food to fit your dog’s needs? Purina has made it easy to find the food that best suits your pet. And, of course, be sure your dog always has access to a water bowl so they can quench their thirst.
But how much should I feed? Just look at the back of your Purina ONE bag. It will tell you the recommended daily feeding amount based on age and size of your dog.
Not sure what food to feed your pet? Purina has made it easy with a quick pet food finder quiz:
Supplies for Outside
- Collar with ID tags: Dogs can’t speak the same language as us, so it’s important that your dog is always wearing a collar with ID tags that have your name and phone number in case they get lost.
- Leashes keep your dog safe while walking outside. There are plenty of choices when it comes to choosing a leash: long ones, short ones, slip leads, and more! While the choice is completely up to you, we do not recommend retractable leashes as they will make it more difficult to maintain control during your walk and can cause serious injury to you and your dog.
- Poop bags. You’ll have to clean up after your dog. In order to be a responsible pet owner and keep your neighborhood clean, always keep poop bags on hand to pick up after your pet.
Supplies for Your Home
- Dog bed and blankets: Make a cozy little spot for your puppy to call home. Try washing the blanket or dog bed cover with your laundry so it smells more like home.
- Toys: It’s OK to spoil your dog! After all, they deserve it. Their cute little faces will light up every time they have the opportunity to tear apart a new toy. Keep your puppy entertained with a variety of toys, such as chew toys and soft squishy toys. And, of course, always make sure to supervise playtime so your dog doesn’t ingest anything they shouldn’t.
- Crate: We recommend setting up a crate for your dog so they have a den to go to if they ever need to rest. Crate training is much easier than you think and will benefit you and your dog for years to come.
Purchasing your pet supplies online?
Head to Chewy using this link and for every new customer who makes their first purchase from Chewy, $15 will be donated to the Atlanta Humane Society!
If you’re an Amazon shopper, check out our suggestions on dog supplies!
Sign up for AmazonSmile to benefit the Atlanta Humane Society. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us if you choose the Atlanta Humane Society as your charitable organization of choice!