Cat’s First Day Home
You’ve just changed your new cats life and brought them to their forever home. This is an exciting time, but it can initially be overwhelming for your cat. Your first day with your new cat should be spent allowing them to get used to their new home.
- Cat-proof your home. Cats can be very mischievous, so take a look around your home to make sure your cat can’t get themselves into unwanted trouble.
- Cats are like ninjas and will climb on anything and everything, so make sure there’s nothing on high shelves that can be damaged or knocked off.
- Secure loose cords and pick up any small items your cat may be able to swallow.
- Designate a space for your cat with all of their essentials, like food, water, and a litter box. It helps showing your cat where their litter box is so they can easily access it when they have to go.
- Create a little nest space for them to relax with a bed or blankets.