Share the Love: Longterm Pets
Help us share the love and be a matchmaker for our long-term pets. We’d love to see each of these pets off this page and cuddled up in their new home by the end of June … but we need your help! Share this page or a pet’s profile page to your NextDoor, social media channels, family, work group, volleyball league, or book club to help showcase them.
You can share the love by sharing their profile and help a new family find love.
Looking to adopt?
We’re glad to hear it! If you have any questions about these pets, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We’re here to help find you the perfect match, and ensure you’re set up for success with your new family member. That’s why we provide your new pet with a full medical and behavioral evaluation before adoption, and you with a new pet starter kit. We’ll even be there after you adopt if you ever need assistance with pet food, veterinary care, training advice, and more- just give our Resource Center a call at 404-875-5331.
Prior to adoption, all of our pets receive:
- A healthy pet examination from our Shelter Medicine Team, including a personalized medical assessment and treatment plan if needed.
- A behavior evaluation as well as enrichment and training while in our care.
- All age-appropriate vaccinations and deworming.
- Our dogs and puppies receive regular flea, tick, and heartworm protection while in our care, and our cats and kittens receive regular flea and tick preventative.
- A microchip to help ensure a safe return if your pet ever gets lost.
All of our pets go home with:
- A Healthy Start Certificate at VCA Animal Hospitals towards an initial exam and health guarantee within 10 days of adoption.
- A four-pound bag of pet food from Purina
- 30 days of pet insurance from MetLife, including:
- $500 of coverage for accidents & illnesses
- 100% reimbursement after a $50 deductible for covered accidents & illnesses
- Use any licensed vet, emergency clinic, or specialist in the United States
You can foster first!
All of these pets are part of our Foster First Program so you can trial adopt to see how they fit with your family!
First impressions mean a lot, but we understand that sometimes it might take a few days to determine if you and your pet are going to get along. Our Foster First Program gives you the opportunity to take an animal home for up to 14 days before deciding if they are the perfect fit for you and your family. Throughout this time, you’ll have the full support of our Foster and Adoption Teams in case you have any questions along the way.
Looking to foster first? Email us at [email protected].