Here are the key details surrounding the adoption fees for your new best friend.
- The cost for AHS to care for our animals prior to adoption almost always exceeds the adoption fee.
- Not all of our adoption pricing is the same. The reason for this is to ensure that AHS has the ability to care for those animals in great need, including who require extensive rehabilitation and/or are in our care for an extended period of time.
- What is a Plus One adoption fee? These are animals who are in high demand and whose adoption fee includes that of another harder-to-adopt animal in AHS care. Therefore, people who adopt a Plus One animals are not only directly changing the life of the animal they are taking into their home but also another animal in the shelter who needs extra help in finding that second chance.
- The adoption fee for each animal will be listed on their adoptable page on our website.
- Our adoption fees are designed to ensure that AHS is able to provide necessary care for all of our animals- especially those who need more time and care before they’re available for adoption.
Adoption fee includes:
- 30 days of PetFirst Pet Insurance
- Initial vaccinations and deworming
- Spay or neuter
- Healthy Start Certificate at VCA Animal Hospitals towards initial exam and health guarantee within 10 days of adoption
- An identifying microchip inserted under your pet’s skin with initial registration in the database
- A collar and Atlanta Humane Society identification tags
- A 4 pound bag of the Purina One dry food the animal has been eating during his or her stay with AHS
- Cardboard carrier (cats only)
Any vaccinations required post-adoption will be at the adopter’s expense. AHS does not reimburse for veterinary expenses incurred after adopting.