Please Note: There will be no Community Service Orientation at either AHS location (Howell Mill or Mansell Rd) on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM AT AHS?
The AHS Community Service program is provided for individuals who are completing service work for
- Club or Civic Organization
You must be 18 or older in order to participate in community service.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Orientations are held at Howell Mill and Mansell on Wednesday evenings promptly at 5:30 p.m. and last for approximately one hour. Orientations are held at Duluth on Saturday mornings promptly at 9:00 a.m. and last for approximately one hour. We ask that you arrive for orientation 15-20 minutes early to complete paperwork.
Please be aware that:
- Latecomers will not be accepted
- No advance registration is required
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS AND WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
COURT-ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE
- We are able to accept traffic, DUI citations and misdemeanor possession of marijuana only.
- Bring picture ID
- Bring proof of your citation (paperwork that verifies the type of citation you received, hours required, as well as the name/number of any case worker or attorney you may have).
UNIVERSITY OR CIVIC ORGANIZATION
- Bring picture ID
- Applicable school or club paperwork or contact information for verification.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Duties may include cleaning enclosures, washing dishes, folding laundry, shredding newspaper, filling water dishes, and various duties as assigned. Work times are available 7 days a week, including holidays.
Please Note: The community service orientation held at the Atlanta Humane Society ONLY grants you the ability to complete community service for the Atlanta Humane Society. The Atlanta Humane Society is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit (IRS Tax ID# 58-0685900) organization.