Participating in Community Service
The AHS Community Service program is provided for individuals who are completing service work for:
- Court-ordered community service
- Club or Civic Organization
Please note that you must be 18 or older in order to participate in community service.
Starting Your Community Service: Attend an Orientation
We require all who are interested to attend a short one-hour orientation prior to volunteering for community service. We ask that you arrive for orientation 15-20 minutes early to complete paperwork.
Attend any one of these three, weekly Community Service Orientations:
Please be aware that:
- Latecomers will not be accepted
- No advance registration is required
What are the requirements and what do I need to bring?
Court-ordered Community Service
- We are only able to accept traffic, DUI citations, and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- Please bring a picture ID and proof of your citation (paperwork that verifies the type of citation you received, hours required, as well as the name/number of any case worker or attorney you may have) to orientation.
University or Civic Organization Community Service
- Bring picture ID and applicable school or club paperwork or contact information for verification to orientation.
What will I be doing?
Duties may include cleaning enclosures, washing dishes, folding laundry, shredding newspaper, filling water dishes, and various duties as assigned. Community service hours are available 7 days a week, including holidays.
Please note: The community service orientation held at the Atlanta Humane Society ONLY grants you the ability to complete community service for the Atlanta Humane Society. The Atlanta Humane Society is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit (IRS Tax ID# 58-0685900) organization.