While you’re practicing social distancing and spending more time at home with your pet, what better way to enjoy time together than by making them a special treat? As the weather continues to warm up, this Apple PeaMutt Butter recipe from our friends at Taj Ma-Hound is sure to make your dog’s tail wag!
Apple PeaMutt Butter
- 1/2 jar of applesauce or 8 oz
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 cup molasses or honey (optional)
Blend the first three ingredients in a blender until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, mixing with a fork will work just fine! Add molasses and gently stir so that it looks like a chocolate swirl.
Pour into individual serving vessels such as a plastic souflè cup, cupcake cup, or small paper cup. Freeze until solid.
You can take any combination of the below-suggested ingredients and mix or blend them together. For a non-dairy version, omit the yogurt and use any of the other ingredients (except peanut butter) as a base.
- Pumpkin (plain canned)
- Applesauce (unsweetened is best but sweetened is fine too)
- Molasses or honey
- Yogurt (plain, vanilla, or Greek yogurt will do – make sure your yogurt is not sugar-free).
- Peanut Butter (because dogs want peanut butter in everything!)
- Sweet Potatoes/Yams (cooked or canned – not raw)
A special thanks to our friends at Taj Ma-Hound for providing this delicious recipe!