Animal advocates needed!
Join us in opposing the amendment to HB 253. The opponents of HB 253 have included language that can be harmful to dogs and cats.
HB 253 is a special license plate bill that promotes dog and cat sterilization. An amendment to HB 253 would take away local government’s funding that is vital to help reduce the number of homeless animals in shelters through life saving spay and neuter initiatives.
What can you do?
- Contact your legislators and legislative delegates TODAY and ask them to VOTE NO to amend HB 253
- Find your legislator here by typing in your home address
- Click the name of your representative and call them before it’s too late
- Join our Legislative Action Team and sign up to receive Legislative Action Alert emails when bills that impact animal welfare are introduced.
- Stand up for the animals on social media and ask your friends to join you by sharing your opposition to this bill on Facebook.
Thank you for joining the Atlanta Humane Society and its supporters in being the voice for animals in Georgia.