WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU, OUR TRANSFER PARTNER
- A current copy of your license from The Georgia Department of Agriculture (applicable for shelters in Georgia), or, for shelters outside of Georgia, your state license or 501(c)3.
- A copy of your Transfer Partnership Information and keep the Transport Coordinator updated with any contact information changes
- Notification to AHS of any disease issues at your facility.
- All partners located out of the state of Georgia are required to have an Interstate Health Certificate within 10 days prior to transport, and must bring this with every animal.
- – All partners located out of the state of Georgia are required to have proof of Rabies Vaccine for all animals over 12 weeks of age.
- Completed Transport List must be emailed to the Transport Coordinator no later than 24 hours prior to transport.
In addition to the above, we also require the following for CANINES:
- Every canine must be considered healthy, friendly, and at least 8 weeks old, and will be evaluated for such by the AHS Admission Department upon intake.
- Every canine must be vaccinated against Parvovirus and Distemper at your intake.
- Every canine 6 months and older should be heartworm negative unless arrangements have been made with AHS prior to transport.
In addition to the above, we also require the following for FELINES:
- Every feline must be considered healthy, friendly, at least 8 weeks old and weigh 2 pounds, and will be evaluated for such by the AHS Admission Department upon intake.
- Every feline should be FIV/FeLV negative.
- Felines must be vaccinated at your intake with FVRCP.
The guidelines above can be changed at any time by AHS Admission Management. Our Transfer Partners will be notified immediately if changes are made.