LOW-COST SPAY & NEUTER – HOWELL MILL CAMPUS (ATLANTA, GA) ONLY
As part of our ongoing effort to reduce the number of unwanted animals born in the state of Georgia each year, the Atlanta Humane Society provides low-cost spay and neuter services for cats and dogs onsite at our clinic. The spay and neuter services are conducted through the AHS Admissions Department every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Surgeries performed through this program are just $25* (CASH ONLY), and include a complimentary rabies vaccination and microchip if needed. Surgeries are performed by appointment only (walk-ins will not be accommodated). Because surgeries are scheduled and performed in a high-volume environment, we are unable to accommodate the following animals:
- In heat, lactating, or pregnant
- 6 years of age and older
- In poor general health/has pre-existing conditions
- Trapped, feral, or aggressive
- Crypt orchid (undescended testicle(s)
- Brachycephalic breeds (ie: English Bulldogs)
* Effective September 1, 2013, the cost of surgeries performed through this program will be $35 (any appointment scheduled on/after September 1, 2013 will be subject to the cost increase, regardless of when the application was actually submitted).
HOW TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Due to an overwhelming response, requests for spay and neuter appointments must be submitted online. An email confirming the time and date of your pet’s spay and/or neuter appointment will be sent within 10-14 days (Tuesday-Saturday) of submission. Please be patient during this time and only submit one request per pet. Also, please note that our schedules fill up far in advance, and it may take several weeks for your pet’s surgery to be performed. Effective January 1, 2012, it will be mandatory that each pet spayed and neutered through this program will receive a small tattoo located near the incision site verifying that he/she has been altered.
Request an appointment below.