OUR WISH LIST
Collect items from our wish list and donate them to the Atlanta Humane Society to directly help the animals and those who care for them. We also have an Amazon Wish List that will ship the items directly to our Howell Mill and Mansell campuses!
The items below are always needed at the Atlanta Humane Society and can be donated any time we are open. THANK YOU!
- Milk Bone Dog Biscuits: MEDIUM, SMALL or MINI size only, please! Volunteers use them to train the dogs and cannot break the big ones
- Other crunchy dog biscuits: we will also accept small, crunchy biscuit-type dog treats of known brands (Wellness, Dogswell, Zuke’s, Buddy Biscuits, Purina, Petsmart Authority, etc) as long as they are smallish
NOTE: due to safety issues, we do not accept rawhide in any form, or Greenies. Dogs can break off large sections during chewing and are at risk of choking or becoming obstructed! We do not use, sell or recommend these products.
- Newspapers: For shredding to put in puppy cages, admissions kennels, and puppy suites (this is a huge need–hook us up!)
- Bleach: We use bleach for some of our cleaning; any brand is fine
- Cat Litter: We can only use the regular, NON-CLUMPING clay type; unscented is best
- Dog Bowls: We use the small, stainless steel ones (2 cup size)
- Hole-free plastic bags: Grocery, newspaper, or other types of smaller bags are perfect for picking up doggy droppings in our outdoor areas. Please check for holes before donating! (the holey ones can go back to the grocery store for recycling)
- KONG© toys for Dogs: The original “beehive” shape, in red (“Classic”) or black (“Extreme”), in sizes X-Large, or XXL only; anything smaller (or of a different shape) gets caught in the drains (KONGS are the only dog toys we can safely allow our in-house dogs to have in their kennels)
- Laundry Detergent: Detergents that get odor and germs out are the best
- Gift Certificates/Gift Cards: To IKEA, Michaels, Office Depot, Target, restaurants, movie theaters and bookstores, as these items are used in silent auctions and raffle gift baskets
- Gas Station Gift Cards: Help us afford gas for our many rescues and animal transports
- Grocery store gift cards: From Costco, Kroger, etc. help us purchase items for our special events
- Home Depot/Lowe’s Gift cards: for shelter upkeep
- Paper Rolls: Empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls are needed for puppies, cats and kitten toys (they’re disposable and safe)
- Pet Shampoo: Needed to wash puppies, dogs, cats and kittens
- Copy Paper: Laser Printer/Copier Quality
- Hand Sanitizer: Small and large dispensers needed
- Housetraining pads: For our foster parents to use
- Ink Pens for filling out applications
- Paper Towels
- Plain White Envelopes (Standard No. 10)
- Post-It Notes
- Sharpie Markers (Fine Point/Ultra Fine Point)
- Trash bags: 45 gallon or larger
- Towels: Old bath towels and hand towels to make beds for sick or injured animals, to help them feel safe and warm, and for drying off after baths
Why aren’t you asking for food to feed your animals awaiting adoption?
While we will accept donations of dog, cat, puppy or kitten food in unopened bags of any brand for our Shelter Food Bank, we are a Purina shelter, and we have an agreement with Nestle-Purina to only use their food. They graciously provide all of our animals awaiting homes with Purina ONE dog, cat, puppy, and kitten food at no cost to us. They also provide one bag of food for every adoption! This is why Purina ONE products are the only products we endorse.
All non-Purina food donated to us is put into our Shelter Food Bank, and other shelters can come and pick it up for their use. This works out well, as we have a large basement for storage, and most smaller shelters do not.
Is there anything else you can use? My company/store is getting rid of furniture/office supplies/other products and we’d love to donate them to a worthy cause.
It depends on what the items are, and what condition they are in. Call and ask before you haul it to us: 404-875-5331.
New or gently used crates can be cleaned up and sold in our Shop. Other pet supplies that we sell, like toys, must be new in the packaging and safe, known brands. Thank you!
DONATE A KURANDA BED
Just imagine lying on a cold, hard, concrete floor 24 hours a day. Add the stress of an unfamiliar place with sights and sounds feeling nothing like home, and you can understand the stress a dog feels in an animal shelter. Your donation of a comfortable raised bed will provide a soft and dry place for a dog to have a good night’s sleep. Beds are offered at special discount, come with a 1 year warranty and are sent directly to the shelter in your name. Please click here to donate a bed so our dogs can have a soft place to relax. A shelter dog will be grateful!